Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Morning Image

We've had a very wet and cool spring this year by New Mexico standards and this is moving right into an early monsoon. You have to understand that we only get 10 inches of rain a year on average. Our relative humidity during this time of year can be 10% by the afternoon or less! This year we're running at around 30% so we're all running around complaining about how humid it is. (I know Mike and Jules in St. Louis, Nonna in TN, Pulisha and Tim de Buffalo in Florida are rolling on the ground laughing at this thought).

But one result was a cool scene during my morning walk in the foothills with the bulk of the city shrouded in clouds but certain other sections bathed in light.



5 comments:

terri said...

Really cool pictures! I love it when the weather paints a beautiful picture for us to enjoy.

alexis said...

I miss the views!

stef said...

Um- us too in Chicago are laughing. And sobbing a little.

Mike said...

Our humidity here is currently at 61%. Yeah...

Awesome pictures. That is really neat-looking.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind it being hot outside. Our hotel had A/C issues last night and today...I'd say probably 80% of rooms in addition to all the lobby/office/public area space did not have A/C until early this afternoon. I'll take about anything over that!!