Monday, June 1, 2009

Sierra Nevada Idle - Part 2


There are all kinds of hiking opportunities in the area where we are staying. I've been on two the last two days. On Sunday, Wife, Lady Di, daughter Anne, and I took a 5 mile, picture taking hike for the the two photographers Wife and Anne. Today, Lady Di and I took a 10 mile, working hard, hike. Lady Di and I are both of the - hiking should be a challenge - persuasion. So today we said not dilly dallying for taking pictures even though the scenery was fantastic. However, I did catch plenty shots of the photographers.

The goal of the hike was to searching for wild flowers.

On our way through the forest


Photographers getting out their gear and getting ready for action

Field of yellow wild flowers

Beware the ferocious Sierra Nevada Pink Snake

Mountain meadow


At least one photo from moi of wild flowers

Wife, Anne, and Lady Di

Even a picture of de-I!

5 comments:

terri said...

What a beautiful place! Glad to hear your getting some good hikes in, and it's about time you put a picture of you up there! ;-)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Great pictures, except for that last one which includes a blue yeti. :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!!! I can't wait until Mike sees the picture of the pink snake... :) I guarantee I'll hear some sort of non-approving noise from his desk.. haha

Mike said...

My girlfriend is right. If I would have happened across that snake, I probably would've sh*t my pants. I'm not kidding. I'm terrified of them.

The pictures are awesome, though!

stef said...

so lovely. looks like you are all having a wonderful time