Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gotta find something to write about - Gotta find...

After the huge weekend of 60th birthday events which provided more than ample material for blogging, it's been tough to get back into the creative mode. So rather than write nothing, I will go with boring.

On the home front, Wife is trying to get Christmas planning going. She's behind on her presents and decorating. We had friends C and R over for dinner on Friday while doing some business stuff. I whipped up some linguine with sausage. Then on Saturday I roasted a chicken for Wife and I. We opened up a bottle of viognier from Iron Horse in Sonoma (October visit not this last one) and it was really good.

On the work front business continues to be strong. Some of the troops want me to revisit the title of my upcoming book because they don't feel it will be found via Google so I've asked them for their ideas. I've decided to hire a PR person to increase our visibility in Albuquerque. I'm on my last trip of the year to Chicago and the Bay Area. Hopefully, I'm done until January three weeks maybe four without an airplane ride if I'm lucky.

On Sunday, I came into Chicago early so I could hang with Motherrocker, John the Armenian and Granddaughter Y. Really lucked out as there was freezing rain which delayed tons of flights into ORD...but not mine! Got to pal around a bit with Y while the elders went out in the afternoon. Then watched them put up their Christmas tree. Got some photos on my phone but they will have to wait as I forgot my cable to upload them to the computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh, it's always a little sad when vacation is over and you have to get back to real life.

alexis said...

oh man, I would have loved to have gone back to normal life instead of hyped up crazy busy life.