Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ass-Ass-Ination

Reading the most recent post at Pu's Corner, I found to my amazement that there is a whole sub-culture in our blog-monde concerning the use of the word ass. Evidently it is considered an art form in our culture to use the word ass in a manner that is frequent and yet tasteful. Bloggers who achieve this state are evidently rated as greater practitioners of the art.

I feel almost naive that I was totally unaware of this artistic standard. I suppose I could write it off to my anachronistic status. However, being ambitious still I have chosen to make an attempt to become involved in the art of tasteful use of ass.

The Shepard's Dinner

A nomad chief was expecting the governor of the local province to visit. It was customary to treat such a dignitary with a fine meal. However it was a time of year when all the sheep flocks were in the mountains to graze. The chief called his shaman for to fail to produce meat at a feast such as this would be unacceptable.

"Chieftain, we will most certainly have to slaughter and serve the governor your ass."
"My ass! That tough old beast. Impossible. The governor could chew all day and not assimilate that animal."
"Chief, I'm sure if we talked to the most experienced cooks in the tribe we would assertain some way of cooking it."
"I'm afraid if we served this assbackward dish the governor would think we're trying to assassinate him."

The most experienced cook assured the chief that stewing the ass with molasses would do the trick.

The chief went ahead with the plan. The whole tribe assembled and everyone sat down on the grass and ate ass including the governor.

The End

6 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

The ass thing is news to me. Seems asinine. Get it?

stef said...

I am speachless

Michael Podolny said...

You mean speechl-ass

Anonymous said...

Bravo!! Double Points for Assassination and your ASStute telling of the tale!

alexis said...

HAHAHAH

Glad to see the Purple Wizard story-telling skills are still there.

Bernice said...

The theme of the story was cooking. I would ASSociate that with you.