Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big Changes in the de-I World

Albuquerque has gotten lots of press recently as a city on the move, as a top ten place to live or to do business (take that you Chicago types!). Recently the Albuquerque Economic Development Committee scored a coup in its bid to make our fair city one of the major players in the Pod-Goertz Blogospheric market when it placed the winning bid to attract Pu's Corner to Albuquerque. That's right, Pu's Corner, the Grandmother of all Pod-Goertz blogs is relocating to the Duke City.

As the author of Pu's corner, the Venerable Pulisha, is one of the de-I household offspring, married to resident sports fanatic Tim di Buffalo and parent of grandchildren C, J, and A naturally the event has generated an air of frenzied excitement in the de-I land.

Mrs. de-I (sipping her after dinner drink) - "When are Pu and Tim di actually scheduled to move?"
de-I - "I'm not really sure"
Mrs. de-I - "I guess they'll let us know."
de-I - "I guess."

Mrs. de-I is fully anticipating all the Grandmotherly babysitting that may result.

Venerable Pu - "So I looked on line and there's a house for sale in our price range right next to you guys!"
Mrs. de-I - "No there isn't."
Venerable Pu - "Sure the house number is the next one down from you."
Mrs. de-I - "Oh yah I forgot that one."
Venerable Pu - "Won't that be neat the grandchildren would be right next door!"
Mrs. de-I - "Won't work. You can't buy that house."
Venerable Pu - "Why not. It's perfect."
Mrs de-I - "Our neighborhood association has covenants that limit a house to no more than two children."
Venerable Pu - "You just made that up."

Then of course there's having a little more testosterone in the nearby family -- certainly something to look forward to.

Tim di - "So Dad are you pumped about us coming. You'll be able to come to our house and watch football!"
de-I - "Great"
Tim di - We can even get you a replica Buffalo Jersey just like Pu has!"
de-I - "Oh that's too bad."
Tim di - "What's too bad"
de-I - "You cant's watch Buffalo games in Albuquerque"
Tim di - "What! Why not?"
de-I - "Albuquerque is a Buffalo sports team free zone. It was passed by the city council last year. No Buffalo sports are allowed to be broadcast in the city limits."
Tim di - "You just made that up."

But seriously, having gobs of family (I think a child, spouse and three grandchildren qualifies as a gob) coming back is a totally new experience. We are actually quite excited and really looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel the excitement from the other side of the country...

alexis said...

I can feel it from across the ocean!! Moreso, I can feel more children-content blogs on their way.

stef said...

I am SO excited! I can't wait to visit you all. (A LOOOOOng time from now of course. ;)

Pulisha said...

We are excited, too! And I wasn't kidding about that house. 2012 on your street is listed on the MLS, and it looks very nice... ;)

Michael Podolny said...

Pu - Noooooooooooooooooooo

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're so full of crap! Don't listen to him Pu, it's all he could talk about when he was out here. You're cover's blown ol'man!!