Monday, September 17, 2007

Week Seven of Eight

We're coming down the home stretch of two weeks of intense travel. I'm in LA today through Wed, get home Wed night and leave on Thu to go on a 10 day personal/business trip to Minneapolis, Hayward WI, Chicago and Ohio. What three of these have in common is siblings of Wife.

I got to see the Pulisha clan on Sunday. Tim de Buffalo was totally depressed as the Buffalo Bills evidently are on track to be the worse team in the NFL. It's sad to see a zealot when he realizes that his master is in fact a charlatan.

Leftovers from the weekend

I had a hawk land not five feet from me while hiking; totally cool.

We've decided that the war against the squirrels is a lot like World War I with much going over the top and loss of life but not any real victory. The latest squirrel residents seemed to have succumbed to another dose of chemical warfare and I got harvest a bunch of my tomatoes as a result.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are headed for a very busy "Tour de Midwest"!! Enjoy! Looking forward to the posts on that!!!

The Derf is jealous of the hawk sighting!

Stay well!

Agent W

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Are you sure that hawk wasn't a vulture looking for a meal (you)?

"It's sad to see a zealot when he realizes that his master is in fact a charlatan." Odd how that struck a chord with me...... :-)

Anonymous said...

on the bright side, my team, the STEELERS beat the Bills..sorry...I just got back from Hayward! We were staying out on Ghost Lake...The water is awfully low, but the leaves are just beginning to change...it is awesome to see!

alexis said...

at least this last travel is for pleasure, right?