Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Karmic Payback - Of the Positive Kind

Through the summer I have had a whole series of unfortunate air travel experiences with delays, cancellations, rerouting, etc. Let it not be said however that I am an ingrate and do not give praise to The Great Air Travel Deity (honored may his revenue maximizing software ever be) when He (She or It) decides to repay my sacrifices with a small boon.

I was on my second leg Tuesday late afternoon going from Atlanta to Chicago. I got to the airport. I had gotten to the ticket counter at 4:30. I had hoped to catch an earlier flight as mine was 7:20 PM. I figured this was out. But Tuesday afternoon is not peak time and I breezed through security. So I sauntered up to the gate 15 minutes before the 5 PM departure not expecting anything. Come onboard they told me. “You are one lucky guy, your plane just got diverted to Denver because of a mechanical problem and there are thunderstorms moving into Atlanta. Not only did I get on the plane but I got a primo seat in Economy Plus on my preferred isle with no one in the center and a place for my bag overhead! This is the air travel version of winning the lottery.

All Praises to the Great Air Travel Deity May His (Her, Its) Load Factors Always Be High (as long as the seat next to me is empty).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

BRAVO!!!!!

alexis said...

Amen to that! I don't travel as much as you, but I can definitely appreciate the lotto win.

stef said...

Now just bookmark this post and keep it handy for the next time things go wrong. ;)

Pulisha said...

Hee! It only takes 100 other flights of crap to get that one perfect flight ;)

Anonymous said...

Everytime there's a winner, there's a loser. Karma is a zero sum game. In this case, Ricardo and I lost!! Ha-ha-ha-ha!!! I crack myself up.

Anonymous said...

It's about time, good for you!