Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Back To School

As I have written, the Theodora Project that has consumed so much of my life over the last half decade, has suddenly solidified. Things that were so much acts of faith during our first years have become solid and real during the last year and a half. Now, we are not just some hopeful venture thinking we can transform woman with little to no background and experience in what we want them to become. We've done it!

Sometimes I feel I am in a dream and I have to do something to make myself wake up and realize that we've attained the early most vision. But, as with all things in life, there really is no 'destination'. There is only a stop on the never ending 'transformation highway'. 

So I have become painfully aware that my long developed skills as a business advisor are not what are needed to take my team forward. What is needed is that I be a true business manager and leader. Something I have had no experience. This has motivated me to join a peer group mentoring organization that combines facilitated meetings with hands on coaching so I can actually become better as CEO and manager. 

Never too late to learn!

2 comments:

alexis said...

make sure you don't forget your lunch

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, that sounds like a big step. Good luck!

(And take it from me, a current student: don't get behind on your homework!)