Saturday, February 17, 2024

The Weeks of Wrath

 It began in mid-January just before I left for my Ghana trip. The physical agony. It was like every arthritic joint (which is basically all my major joints) was on fire. On top of that, I somehow managed to seriously hurt the rotator cuff in my right arm. I've had issues with the same muscle in my left arm for years but this was the first time I'd hurt the one in the right arm.

So I arrived in Ghana in pretty shit shape. The stress of travel, the bad air of the harmattan, the intense work, and the incessant pain from the arthritis and  led to serious lack of sleep. Stress, lack of sleep, pain, none of this is good for one's immune system

Sure enough, two days after arriving back in the U.S. I came down with Covid. I rapidly got Paxlovid prescribed and started my regime. Thankfully, I respond well to this drug (thank you Big Pharma!). But then other things started to happen all within a couple of days. 

  • Wife gets Covid
  • The Front Door won't open from the inside
  • We have a power outage that affects us for most of a day
  • Our garage door becomes uncoupled from the wall nearly falling on our cars!

Thankfully, as of today, Saturday the 17th, things have started to turn around. 

  • Intense work doing rotator cuff strengthening exercises has alleviated most of that pain. 
  • For whatever reason, the arthritic joints have calmed down.
  • We got a repair person quickly to repair the garage door opener.
  • We have a new front door assembly coming to us. 
  • I have finally finished off the last remnants of Covid, even hiking today for the first time in ages.

Now we just need Wife to get better and we will be back on the positive trajectory.

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That was such a lot to deal with at once. Which household god do you think you offended?

alexis said...

when it rains it pours! Hopefully mom will be feeling better in the next couple days too

Bernice said...

Wow, that is a lot. I'm sending healing energy. Is it even possible to do that?
Hope you both are well soon.