Monday, February 12, 2024

8

 That is the number of hours I slept straight through on Saturday night/Sunday morning. 

When was the last time I slept 8 hours in a night? It is beyond my memory. I was so shocked, I had to look at the clock two or three times. 

I've written before about my long-term sleeping patterns and the fact I rarely sleep more than 5 to 5.5 hours a night. So why suddenly did I sleep a 'normal' person's sleep?

Prior to my recent Ghana trip, I had been sleeping very poorly due to arthritis pain issues plus injuring my rotator cuff in my right arm. This sleep disruption continued all the way through the two + weeks I was in Ghana. In addition, I mentioned how bad the air quality was. So right after I got home, I came down with Covid. Not a big surprise considering how rundown I was. Fortunately, I respond well to Paxlovid and recovered very fast. Also last week I was finally dealing with my arm pain as well. So I believe the massive sleep was a result of a need to recuperate.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Oh no! Sleeping late because you are sick and utterly sleep deprived is not good at all. I hope you are soon on the road to recovery for all these ailments.

alexis said...

darn, I guess that won't be a pattern then. Certainly not worth it getting covid every time.