Saturday, November 26, 2022

Idle Hands Find Mischief

 The way the fall schedule played out with us spending two months in Sicily, I didn't have a very big window for getting in my Fall Ghana trip. As we don't do anything on Thanksgiving with the family all over the world, we decided I should schedule it then. But I didn't want to be flying in the USA on Thanksgiving Sunday. So I am staying an extra day. To be honest, I'm bored. Typically, I come to Ghana a few days before work is to start so I can acclimate. Then the Saturday after my last day of work, I return. My mental state is prepared for that. Staying this extra day, I really don't have anything to do. 

The area where I am staying has a lot of retail close by, stores, coffee places, restaurants, banks, supermarkets. And right within walking distance, A Nail Salon. I've only had a pedicure a couple of times, but I really like them. I hate cutting my own toe nails. With the Ghana Cedi at record lows against the dollar, I figured, why not.

I went over and when they started work, my attendant asked if I wanted any color. This is where things started to go a bit off the track. I had joked with my team for many trips that I was going to do something in the way of different with nails. I figured, why the heck not. You're not getting younger. 

Meet my Artist

I've never done anything like this. I was very intrigued by the steady hands and tight lines



We came to the hardest part. She had to do this many times over. But she wouldn't quit.

Now we have set the results

And Voila! The Ghanaian Flag

Showing my support for the people of the Republic of Ghana

(Note: It should be a five point start. You try free hand painting a five point star on a toenail)

3 comments:

alexis said...

my goodness, and plenty of time for it to dry before you get home

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's a lot of tiny detail! I wonder if she's ever had a customer take so many pictures of the process?

Bernice said...

I am so happy to see that you have joined the rest of us who spend lots of us dollars on our nails.