Saturday, December 22, 2018

Finding A Common Bond

We have our 9 year-old grandson, 1.2, over. He flew by himself for the first time. The rest of the family comes on Christmas Eve.

1.2 is his own person. He has an incredible imagination and a sense of logic that is hard for we mortals to follow yet which inevitably can explain in detail leaving you to think, "Well yes I guess that does make sense" even if you would never have come about the result that way in a 1000 years.

So I have been looking for ways to build bridges, to find a common bond. Like this.



This is how a spend all my evenings. Writing on my computer and listening to music. If 1.2 wants screen time, why not do it together

Then this morning we went shopping. Rather than guess what he's like to snack on I basically said, get whatever you'd like

His haul
He actually sort of nibbles at things.
It isn't like he is devouring it all with both hands

We are heading of to the River of Lights tonight with all of us planning to take pictures

3 comments:

alexis said...

omg look at that haul of junk food. we had a friend of N's over and she was going to her grandmother. She whispered to me, 'bij oma mag ik snoepen'. I'll let you google translate it. ;)

de-I said...

I have to say that this is the first time I let one of the grandchildren have a buying binge on their own. And oddly enough he also bought little tomatoes which is the thing he was eating most of yesterday afternoon and evening!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Ah, grandparents! My parents' house was also crammed with junk for us to eat over the holidays.