Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Vacation Travel Gods Extract Their Due Again

You know that I really don't mind travel. Like it. Would be totally bored if I had to stay in the same city all the time. And when we have vacations, more often than not we're traveling some place often fairly far away.

The last two years we've had big vacations (one to Central Europe and one to New Zealand) and this year with daughter # 3 AinA getting married in France we're off again. This year just like the last two, my travel and work schedule is kicking into overdrive. I suspect like the last two, I will just stagger onto my outbound vacation flight and collapse.

This week I'm in Chicago. Next week we have a new client with work in Austin and Dallas, TX. Week after that is LA. Week after that is Las Vegas (actually family stuff, not work). A week off before we had over the pond.

4 comments:

alexis said...

oh oh, what family biz takes you to Las Vegas? Uncle?

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty busy. I hope that week right before gives you enough time to pack and rest up a bit.

terri said...

To each their own. I'm easily overwhelmed and I think your travel schedule would do me in.

You would hate my life. I never go anywhere more than a few hours away and that's only a handful of times a year. But it's what works for me right now.

Mike said...

I boarded a commercial plane for the first time in my life last fall. I definitely have some catching up to do. If your travels ever find you in STL, hit me up. We can seek out food.