Tuesday, March 16, 2021

You're Fired!

You can't fire me! I quit!

 My days as caregiver/driver/chauffeur have come to and end.

Wife had her six week post-op meeting with the surgeon today. He said no more sling. Yes you can drive. Do what you would normally do but within limits as you still have many months to build your strength back.

This means no more my having to take her to every PT session twice a week. Or to any other appointment she might have. For the sake of the Great Maker, she even did part of the dishes after dinner today. Seriously, I don't want her to push it too much and relapse. But as she says, if you baby thing and aren't trying to get back to normal, you extend the time it takes to recoup. 

On another note altogether, Wife conveniently forgot to tell me that her surgeon is this absolute stud! I am thinking he is going to be this innocuous usual doctor type. No. He is tall, dark, incredibly handsome. He looks like he could be the cover model for a romance novel, you know the ones with the guy and the long hair. Wife insists she chose him strictly for his operating prowess. I will say the dude knows his shoulder anatomy. He gave us this detailed explanation of the operation using a model of the shoulder.

All kidding aside, Wife is as tough as nails and determined. She is way ahead of schedule on her recuperation. Go Wife!

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Congrats to you both!

alexis said...

I really need a photo of this doctor. I mean, just to assess.

Tee said...

I'm so glad to hear she is recovering so well!