Saturday, March 27, 2021

All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go

 I am fortunate that I have been able to get the vaccine and not just one but both of the Pfizer shots. Like all of us, having lived the last year in a state of fear of contact, of withdrawing from all normal living activities, part of me just wants to go and do something!

But, then you hear that there are new variants and who knows how they will be affected by the vaccine. Plus you could still be a carrier. And (at least in my case) I have gotten out of the habit of being with people. I mean I am basically a hermit at heart. The pandemic has only reinforced a lot of my anti-social behavior traits. 

Both Wife and I (she got her shots as well), then were all excited about the prospect of traveling somewhere (as are many others). But where can you go? Most of the world is closed down to travelers.

So we find ourselves theoretically in much better shape to open up but in reality not really being anywhere different than we were before.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

An apt analogy. I'm at the very bottom of my state's eligibility list, so by the time I get my shot, I think there may be things to do, even if there aren't places to go. At the very least, it'd be nice to go to the grocery store without strategizing over the time it'll have the least people or watching to see if anyone isn't wearing their mask correctly. But it is tough when you are ready to travel but can't.

alexis said...

like finding a winning lottery ticket only to discover the prize was less money than the bus fare you paid to collect it.