Friday, March 26, 2021

What Transformation Looks Like

 Want to know what the effect of a program like Theodora Africa has on people? Below is a Bio Capsule written by one of our participants for a presentation she and a colleague are doing this summer.

I was born and raised in Akwatia, Eastern Region in the West African country of Ghana. I am the Fifth of seven children.

I came home from Middle School one day to find my parents had divorced and I was now forced to live on my own. I became pregnant and had a son, things became tough and I moved to the city of Accra and spent years living by my wits, doing things to make money to get by, I would never have imagined. I didn’t see any future for myself. However, I had the great fortune to meet the founders of the Theodora Africa Project. They saw potential in me and selected me for the program.

Today, I am the marketing and sales representative for Theodora Ghana Virtual Assistants. I have virtual business calls each day in the United States. I write proposals, make sales and help clients with our consultative approach so they get the most out of the virtual assistance work we do for them. I have a steady income. I know I am a professional and I can see a future where many more opportunities will come my way. 

This is what this program is all about.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's impactful. Both her story, and the work you are all involved in.

Tom P said...

I love it! Important stories to be told!