Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Unexpected Opportunity...But First R&R

Yet another crazy week in the wild world of de_I's transition state. The week (gad it is not even half-way over with!) started with me getting a call from a dear friend who will be called to protect his identity, THE BENEFACTOR (he and his lovely spouse read this blog).

The BENEFACTOR calls and basically says, "Hey de-I we think this Theodora thing sounds like it could do some good. We would like to give you some money."

Mister Enrique Suave says, "Huh?"

"Dude, what's so hard to understand. I want to give you some money so  you can get this thing going."

Without going into too many gory details, the BENEFACTOR will give us enough (along with some money from Wife and I and a couple of other donations) to actually get this Theodora program off the ground! WTF!!!!

With this realization, I am sent into a state of bliss...for about 30 minutes...when I realize that all the stuff we have talked about in the vaguest of details, now will have to be executed in excruciating detail! Now I am in a state of absolute panic. I dash off a detailed list of all the things we need to deal with to my centers of influence.

And realize that I am exhausted. I mean really drained from the work over this last year. For crying out loud, I went to Ghana in February knowing nobody and only having the vaguest idea of what I might want to do in a county I knew nothing about. And in nine months have gotten a program that has real potential to a point where it is almost launched!

Thank goodness, we already had a 'fun' trip planned. We are leaving next week for Europe. We are going to see a city with Christmas markets, celebrate Christmas with the #3's, and finish up by seeing the Northern Lights in Norway with #2 and 2B. I am so looking forward to two weeks of just unconnected fun.

Now just a word here because I know what I'm going to hear. I am going to hear, "why are you pushing yourself like this? Do you think this is wise to be doing this at your age? Shouldn't you be taking it easier?"

Here is my response...so listen carefully for this is from the deepest part of my heart.

I Could Give A Shit How Long I Live! I want to do. If I want to experience. I want to make a difference. The last thing, THE LAST THING I want is to sit back, watch myself deteriorate and sit there not being able to do anything as I slowly become less and less of who I was.

You know who you are. Don't pass on to me your desire to see me live longer because it is your desire. I don't care. It is not MY DESIRE. I want to do as much as I can and love every moment of doing it. And if that means a shorter lifespan, I am totally cool with that. And you should be too.

2 comments:

alexis said...

Wait, now I am questioning if I should know who I am

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

The problem with asking for money is that sometimes people give it to you!

And I'm glad you are living the life you want, at the pace you want. It seems like that could make your life last longer, not shorten it.