Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Catching My Breath

I got home just a few days before Thanksgiving. Wife had arrived back two days before me after spending a week with the #2/Pulisha clan in the Ukraine. So no great Thanksgiving event for us. I did do enough cooking so we ticked off the boxes associated with the traditional holiday meal.

The fact that Thanksgiving was late this year and we are leaving on Dec 17 for a couple of weeks of personal travel has left me with a sort of non-energy feeling as far as getting out and hustling for business. I am taking care of my clients but not really getting out there hitting it hard. Partially this due to the fact that the inter holiday period is usually slow for business anyway. 

On the other hand, we have a ton of travel planned for the first half of 2020. On that front, I have been in full research mode and am already booking flights. I was lucky enough to find a free, frequent flier mile paid ticket to cover my February Ghana trip. Looks like we might find the same for Wife doing her parallel trip. And we have credit card points that will cover a big personal trip we have planned for the spring. So I am feeling good about our ability to keep funding our projects and our personal travel.

So I will keep things going at a simmer and be prepared to hit the ground running after the New Year.

2 comments:

alexis said...

It is okay to simmer sometimes - that produces some of the greatest foods!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I was hoping that the point of retirement was that sometimes I could hustle and sometimes I could just relax.