Friday, December 20, 2019

European Winter Escapade 2019 - Part One - Photos

We were not even an hour arrived in Strasbourg when we were in full photo mode. It had been so long since I'd done any that I had a bit of a time remembering how to operate the camera. Then I discovered that a number of the buttons that control various menus and functions weren' working! That really freaked me out. Fortunately, I was able to operate the most important functions. I looked online and could find nothing of value for fixing the problem. I suspect there is an IC chip somewhere that is biting the dust.

Having failed to find a fix through empirical channels, I fell back on spirituality and sent an appeal to the ancient Northern European God of Photographic Repair, Lord Shiveau by chanting the appropriate prayers in the original Gravelskrit. Low and behold, less than an hour into our shooting, most of the functions had returned! There is a holy place to Shiveau in Amsterdam. I will need to make an offering. I am told you are supposed to rub the alter rillettes (a type of pork spread of the region here) and stick pieces of French Bread on it. Well let's get on to the pictures.

First Night Out
Evidently, I am not the only one who had trouble remembering what certain settings were required
Christmas time here is a time for lights



A light unlit
The next day and it is time for serious photo shooting
There are something like nine different markets in the Old Town of Strasbourg
But for us, it was more just exploring a shooting
It is a very city with lots of texture and design and stimulating to shoot

















 
 Cathedral
HA! Come on...all you old de-I readers
You KNEW some kind of religious building was going to make a presentation
Actually, because of the grey sky and bad angles, I didn't get any exterior shots that I liked so you are only getting interiors






 
I WILL be stopping here before I leave
I mean really - foie gras tasting! Yum
Sadly my hopscotch days are behind me as this might be the most elaborately decorated one I have ever seen
And to conclude
SIGNS OF THE WORLD 
(new readers will note that I interpret signage I see from all over the world)
This may be the most complicated message I have ever seen portrayed by a sign
You are NOT ALLOWED to pull your luggage or walk your dog while using a wheeled conveyance.
Not even if you are wearing a hat
Not even if you are eating fast food while smoking and using your smart phone


1 comment:

alexis said...

I am torn if I would love to see or would be horrified to see OH rubbed in rillets and spotted with slices of French bread.