Wednesday, September 16, 2015

First Stop Vienna

Electronics continue to be the demon so far on this trip. After the mobile phone emergency prior to our leaving, I noticed when I packed my power cord for my computer that the plastic covering had split near where the cord goes into the transformer and that some of the wires were fraying. I used some electrician's wire to cover the break but I was very concerned about there being a break that would cause me to not be able to charge my computer. There was no time to get a new one as we were out to door to catch our plane. But when I got Chicago I researched and realized that there are lots of places where we're going that retail Apple computer gear. I may have to have something with a European plug and get and adapter for the US. I've decided to wait and see if it goes and deal with it then.

Our flights were totally non-eventful and predictable. We flew from Albuquerque to Chicago, then Chicago to Frankfurt then finally Frankfurt to Vienna. The last leg was 20 minutes late. Other than that it was all very smooth. It's warm here, 90+ degrees. Transferring in Frankfurt and arriving in Vienna were no stress. If you've done much international traveling by air you find that most international airports are organized similarly.

Nice efficient cab ride to our hotel. We got here around 2:30 PM local time which is about 6:30 AM body clock time after leaving yesterday at 10:30 AM from our house,

5 comments:

alexis said...

welkom!

Bernice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernice said...

Can't wait for the pictures to start coming. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Rob said...

Is it the cord that goes to the laptop which is fraying? It's a very common problem I believe - I think you can even get some sort of cover which stops it happening. The thicker cord which goes into the wall can be separated from the adaptor itself, so if you bought one in Europe you could just connect it to the old cord with the US plug when you get back. (The adaptor is 120-240 voltage, so will work everywhere.)

de-I said...

Unfortunately Rob it was the cord that goes from the transformer to the computer and it is frayed right at the point it comes out of the transformer. It officially died last night so I had the pleasure of find a local Mac authorized reseller called McShark - well named I might add as the cost of the new charger is about 100% over one in the US. But at least now I have both the 220 and 110 cords.