Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Forgive Me Mother For I Have Sinned

The trip started out reasonably enough.  True, Monday night was a bit of over indulgence with drinking and eating a bit too much buy my word Tuesday I was Mr. Discipline - great restraint at the hotel breakfast buffet, only a cup of soup and a small sized Chef's Salad at the deli for lunch (and I didn't even eat all the meat and cheese!), and then some sushi (modest amount) and no over drinking at dinner.  Pretty good diet discipline for a business trip.

Ah but then today...Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel notice out of the corner of her eye that I was flying and caused my connecting flight from Denver to Albuquerque to be delayed by a number of hours.  Actually at this stage of the game, MUPGT and I are kind of going through the motions.  I suspect she doesn't think I'm a very worthy opponent any more in my semi-retired state.  Very little to none of my travel has the kind of time intensity as it did when I was working full time.  So if there are issues, it is a bit easier to go with the flow.  That doesn't make it very much fun for the Single Horned Disruptor.   As a result, I get her kind of halfhearted efforts just to remind me that I'm not totally forgotten

Any way I had 4 plus hours to kill in the Denver airport going over the lunch hour.  I knew I should eat healthily.  But I didn't want to.  I wanted to indulge - the classic 'eat when you're feeling sorry for yourself' thing.  What really caught my eye was Lefty's Philly Cheese Steak.  I made a feeble effort to resist.  I walked to another part of the terminal where I knew there some healthier options.  But I didn't give them any serious attention.  I turned right around and went back to Lefty's and ordered my Cheese Steak Sandwich, which I got with Fries...and a glass of wine.

It was actually a very good rendition of the Cheese Steak Sandwich especially for an airport.

I'm thinking for the sake of not feeling gross remorse that I should put off weighing myself for few days.

2 comments:

alexis said...

surely once in a while is okay to indulge!

terri said...

It's so hard to make good food choices when so many tasty options are right in front of you. Give yourself a pass on this one. I think you earned it.