Monday, April 29, 2013

Vive La France!!!!!

I was all over it today...sharing the joyous news with my fellow sports fans.  And I'm sure you were too totally engrossed by this weekends big sporting result of two French club teams winning their way into the finals of the Heineken Cup, the European club championship of professional rugby. Clearmont Auvergne and Toulon beat their Irish and English rivals respectively in two nail bitters.  This is the first time either team has made it to the finals.  So it is guaranteed that the cup winner will be a new one and French.

What you say, you had no idea this weekend was the semi-finals of Europe's premier rugby competition?

What! you didn't even know there was professional rugby?

What! you don't even know what rugby is?

Oh my God, I cannot believe that this could be true.  Why here in Albuquerque, there is at least one other person who has a clue about rugby (well he's from New Zealand actually).

Nonetheless, on May 17th, I will be holding a no holds barred, totally over the top Heineken Cup Final party...even if it is only for me.

5 comments:

terri said...

I had no idea about all this rugby business! But it seems like a good excuse for a party... so party on!

Bernice said...

I am surprise that more people in the US don't know about Rugby since the US qualified for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup. (I hope you are duly impressed by my knowledge).

de-I said...

Bernice - I am totally impressed!

Terri - Fortunately my split personality disorder makes partying by myself that much more festive :)

alexis said...

do you need an excuse to have a french themed party?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I assume my invitation is in the mail.