Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Peachy Time With The Family

I was wondering if I was ever going to get the time to post again. 

de-I has been a man on a mission the last month or so.  I've finally had my mojo going and have been selling like a maniac to get the business base back up after the long blah period of the great 2011 illness and the great 2012 parent crisis.  Sales requires sustained effort.  You push and push and push. Opportunities build and build.  Until suddenly they break through and things start to close.

So that has been my focus through July and August.  Then on top of that we had a visit from the family sub-unit #1.  They were actually supposed to come a few weeks ago but 1A hurt his back and we had to reschedule.  Unfortunately for moi, I had cleared my schedule for the original visit but had tons scheduled for the rescheduled period.  Plus which the #1's were in town to do some business of their own as well.

There was lots of grandchild time of course.

The toy truck collection I inherited from my Mom is a big hit with 1.2







We took the whole crew out to the mountains

I asked 1.1 if she would be interested in taking a little hike and she was gung-ho

She was really great.
I was able to find a nice climb that was within her range of effort but got her up to a good view.
She was pretty pleased with herself as she should have been.

I think her father was pretty pleased just because de-I didn't decide to make him a 'client'

Speaking of pleased with herself, Wife took her out for some clothes shopping and she came back with this fashionista outfit.
1.1 is totally into the show.  
She is non-stop musical sound track.

PEACHES

The peach tree Wife carefully tends came in big time this year


The tree was literally bending under the weight of the fruit and they all came ripe at exactly the same time while the #1's were with us so we spent the afternoon after the hike processing peaches. 

There were like 6 bowls this size
The peaches themselves were uber ripe and sooooooo good




We ended up freezing 8 quarts, making peach juice (for Bilinis - a drink made of sparkling wine and peach juice).  I gave away bags of peaches to friends and I've been gorging myself on them eating two or three a day...and loving it.

7 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Mmm, peaches. I think we should time our next visit to match peach season. I'd gladly process peaches all day long for the chance to gorge myself.

Agent W said...

Cherish these times with the family! So glad all went well and you even had a bumper crop of peaches to share with them!!

alexis said...

wow, now I am even more looking forward to having you guys all to ourselves in a week's time. looks like it was a great visit.

Bernice said...

yum yum I love peaches also.

terri said...

Glad you were able to make the family time work in spite of the reschedule. Looks like everyone had a fun time. The little ones are SO cute!

I'm amazed by your peach tree!

Pulisha said...

What a great picture of Y! Like mother, like daughter :)

And again I ask, where was the Peach Fairy when we lived in Abq???

Jules said...

Yay, peaches!!! Sounds like you've been busy in a great way lately!