Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cooking Italiano - Part 4 - Final Prep and Da Meal

Because of my great organization (only has taken me about 30 years to figure this out - I'm a fast study!), there wasn't a terribly lot to do on the Saturday of the meal accept for the final cooking.

I did need to cut up my polenta logs for frying.


And turn my roasted peppers to salad (with sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, capers, and roasted garlic)


So on to dinner

First the Antipasti Course

Our Roasted Pepper Salad and Sweet and Sour Onions

The Primi

Fried Polenta with Strong Tomato Sauce, Pecarino Romano Cheese, and Fresh Basil

The Secundi

Our Pork Rolls with Cheese and Prosciutto, and our Braised Celery Gratinee
A Salsa Verde of garlic, parsley, capers, & anchovies accompanied it
(And Renee Michelle - the celery was terrific!)

Dessert was a Red Currant Sorbet made by Wife (to far gone to take pictures) made from currants she grew.   We had three wines, a Vino Verde from Portugal to warm up, a Rioja Rose from Spain for the first course, and a Croze-Hermitage from the Rhone region of France for the main courses.  Ya I know - What no Italian Wines?  What gives?

2 comments:

alexis said...

wow, sounds and looks amazing!

terri said...

You know it never would have occurred to me to wonder why no Italian wines if you hadn't brought it up!

Another impressive de-I feast!