Thursday, April 5, 2012

There is A Kitchen Implement Fairy

As a serious home cook, you always think the fairy tale of the Kitchen Implement Fairy is just that a fairy tale...

...Until the day that totally unannounced at your door there is a package for the coolest every digital kitchen scale.

For almost a year and a half I've been cooking uber low calorie meals for Wife and I that has required the measuring of the majority of ingredients that I use. And over most of that period, I've been using this cheap ass, plastic, analog scale

Please note that this scale on the far right a little white tab. You used that to get the scale measure to 0 so you could calibrate it. Unfortunately with each measurement, it seemed that the calibration would change. Plus it just had simple hash marks for each ounce that were not that far apart, so getting accurate measurements was very difficult and required sometimes doing the weighing a few times - not what you want to do when you are tired at the end of the day and making dinner. And when I was breaking down meats for freezing into 3 oz portions, it was so hard to add and subtract to and see where it came out right.

Now look at the beauty below.


Fully digital. One nice clean surface for putting the food on. You can choose what measuring system you want. I have it set for pounds and ounces and it goes to the tenth of an ounce. My measurements now are precise I tell you, precise! Breaking down meat was a breeze with the accuracy and calibration issues solved.

Legend has it that the Kitchen Implement Fairy is partial to stinky cheese and red wine. You can be sure I'll be making my offerings.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow! I hope the fairy visits my house soon! But in the meantime I have a good digital scale and I love it too (but perhaps not quite as much as you).

Mike said...

I have a digital bathroom scale, although I can pretty much guarantee you that you are much happier about using your scale than I am about using mine.

Jules said...

A digital scale for the kitchen has been on my to-get list for quite some time now. I'm glad to see a positive review on them!

alexis said...

hrm... who is this lovely kitchen fairy, and do they do complete remodels?