Sunday, April 8, 2012

Amateur Hour In First Class

I flew out on Saturday to visit Dad. As you know, I'm not the most tolerant of air travelers. Air travel is hard enough without having to deal with people who go through the whole process with either out a clue or with total disregard as to the effects of their actions.

So it was that with catching an ungodly early 6 AM flight, I had an upgrade to first class. I when I booked my first class seat (I got notice of the upgrade two days before the flight) that there was no one in first class (12 seats). I as usual was on near first to minimize my issues with others.

And then watched as three couples came who I swear had never sat in First Class in their life. These are probably very low on the Frequent Flier totem pole where the idea of getting an upgrade is just theory. These people are futzing around. Trying figure out where to put their bags. Trying to get their bags in at all! Trying to change seats. And all this while the rest of the plane is waiting to board.

It's a good thing they don't allow us to carry firearms on planes anymore.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Considering how early it was, I'm sure everyone was in a great mood as it was. Inconsiderate people suck.

Jules said...

you should submit an editorial on airline etiquette! Agreed with Mike...the fact that it was 6 a.m. doesn't help either. People are supposed to be still sleepy at that hour, not fussing all around holding everyone else up.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Patience, patience....c'mon now. I'm sure they weren't intentionally being idiots. If they were, you definitely should start taking a cane with you on the plane so you can beat people with it!

alexis said...

I really don't understand how people get on a plane and just completely forget that anyone else exists. It's such a tiny space to begin with!

terri said...

Well I'm not a frequent traveler in the least, but seriously. How hard can it be?