Sunday, December 4, 2011

Well? I Mean Really Well?

So I've been feeling better most of this week. Certainly I've been able to work a full schedule and I've started to exercise a bit. But there was still pieces missing. My mental and emotional energy would pop when I started to work but otherwise I didn't have any pop. And my appetite still wasn't there. And I still had a bit of a cough.

My doctor wanted me to get a chest X Ray for the cough. Since he is out of plan for my insurance it took us days to get clear that insurance would cover his referral. Fortunately for me the X Ray center of the plan (at one of their hospitals) was open on Saturday and took walk ins.

Low an behold I go there at 8:45 on Saturday morning and there was no one there! When was the last time that happened to you going to any major medical center. I had the check-in girl take a picture as proof.

Sunday, I woke up and I felt..NORMAL I ate breakfast and didn't have to force it down. I took my longest walk and even included a short steep climb. We made pizza for dinner and I ate with gusto. I still have a small cough but much less.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I both said, "Yeah!! when we read this email. I hope you continue to feel well.

Agent W said...

Ahh! Finally on your way to full recovery! great news!!!

alexis said...

I'm so happy to hear it, just in time for your birthday too! I hope the Xrays all come back confirming the good news.

terri said...

So glad you're beginning to feel back to normal.

No one in the waiting room? That's weird. Didn't you just have the "no one in the airport" experience too?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Of course as soon as you go through the effort of getting an x-ray and going out of network THEN you start feeling better. Isn't that the way?

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Glad to hear you have a normal appetite again!!

Pulisha said...

What a great birthday present! I'm so glad you're feeling better...just in time to bring my germ carriers, er, I mean kids to your house for X-mas!

Mike said...

YEAH!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! It's about time.