Monday, September 5, 2011

A Survivor's Tale


Testimonial posted by a Mr. GD on the de-I's Sandia Mountain Outfitters web site (You Have Nothing to Lose But Yourself)

My beloved wife AW knew that I was excited by the opportunity to hike in the Sandia Mountains. So on our trip to New Mexico she arranged to have me taken into the mountains by what she told me was one of the top guide firms in Albuquerque.

I thought it was a bit strange to start the hike with this posed picture next to a skull!

And I have to say that when I questioned my guide about this pile of rocks, he told me not to worry it was just a burial mound!

We weren't that far into our hike when suddenly this tree fell down almost on top of me! My guide told me not to worry. Trees falling were just a way of life around here.


Geez then we went through this field of poppies. I was getting so light headed. I didn't know where is was taking me.


Ow. OK trees falling but trees popping up from the ground! Somethings not right I'm telling myself.

OMG that one almost got me. Mr. Guide this can't be right!


Wait a minute. I saw you that time. These aren't accidents. You're triggering these!
You son of a @&%!@

That's right. Run away you bastard.

OK. Finally got away from him. But where am I. It so foggy and dark. I'm sure that AW will be sending out to someone to help me. It's so lonely.....


5 comments:

alexis said...

LOL!

terri said...

Testimonials like this can't be good for business!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Watch out for bears!!! That's why he drags people up there....keeps the beasts fed.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be neat to see a tree actually fall in the forest sometime. Guess I have to get out and about in the forest more often to increase those chances.

Mike said...

Another satisfied customer!