Monday, September 12, 2011

Da New Wheels

Da Durango is no more. Every 14 years or so, need to get a new car. Wife can now clean up the garage from all the oil leaked over the last 5 or 6 years.

Yes, de-I finally pulled the trigger and got the new car. The VW Tiguan I wanted - just not with the manual transmission. Went to a dealership in Santa Fe because of the horrible experience I had with the one in Albuquerque. But because of my bitching to VW HQ, I had $1K to put toward the vehicle. With the trade in of the Durango for five acorns (I was happy I didn't have to pay them to take it!), I was able to do a 3 year lease with zero cash out of pocket. Sweet.




9 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nice! 14 years is a good ride, pun intended, for the durango. It was time.

AW said...

Lookin' good!!

alexis said...

lovely you got a new car but I'm sort of wondering about this assumption that mom is going to clean the garage.... Wasn't it your car that was doing all the leaking?

de-I said...

Hey Alexis, just because she's there babysitting and nappy changing and all doesn't mean you need to gang up on me :(

Besides she's the one that wants the painted garage floor. I don't care.

And Joe, it is now safe to come to Albuquerque and not fear the brakes are going to work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad it all worked out, eventually.

terri said...

Sweet ride!

14 years is a long time. We have a similar theory here. Drive 'em until they die.

Pulisha said...

Congrtas, Daddio! I'm happy you were finally able to get the car you wanted. Love the color, too! :)

Anonymous said...

ooooooohhhh preeettttyyy. I like it!!

Mike said...

Very stylish! Congrats on the new purchase. I hope it serves you well for another 14 years.