Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bulge Battler's Best Friend


What you see above are the indispensable tools for our chosen mode of battle. The scale, a very good calorie reference book and a calculator. It is essential to not delude oneself about what one is intaking. To do that you have to measure and calculate in order to achieve the caloric intake desired.

One of the real positive longer term effects of this is that you start to get a visual picture of what volume of a particular food results in a particular number of calories. This is exceedingly helpful when one is eating out.

4 comments:

alexis said...

omg! I remember that book, lol. Not sure if it's fondly though..

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, I agree. I had an app on my phone, but it gets sooooo tiresome putting in the info. Maybe I'm too lazy to lose weight!

terri said...

We were discussing healthy eating at lunch today and I heard that this is a good website with a similar purpose to you book and calculator:

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

Anonymous said...

Yikes some of the portions that are served at restaurants are sickening. That's particularly why I don't like Hardees, with their 'thickburgers'