Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Battle of the Bulge - Basic Tactics

The key principle Mrs. de-I and have been using is calorie counting coupled with sustainability - the ability to use this as a long-term lifestyle change. That means it has to contain enough enjoyment so that it doesn't seem like an ordeal and lead to binge eating undoing all the gains.

I will only be speaking for myself as Wife does things a bit different given the differences of metabolism of sex. My basic outline for eating is:

  • A good breakfast - it is my largest meal of the day
  • A salad for lunch
  • A dinner of either home-made soup or some vegetable based dish which we aim to come in at under 300 calories per serving (I will be going into great detail in future posts as to how I do this and end up with very tasty filling meals - including recipes)
  • Fruit for a snack - most of the time in the afternoon, sometimes in the evening.
  • Significant limits on alcohol but not abstinence.
I'm getting ready to get on a plane - so more detail later.

4 comments:

terri said...

I like it already... breakfast being my favorite meal. Not so sure how long I could manage soup or vegetable based dishes for dinner, but I have a feeling you'll convince me with your recipes soon enough.

alexis said...

oh my.... I am going to struggle with this!

Pulisha said...

Mmmmm, soup! I have a good recipe for Pho if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

I love breakfast too! Can't wait for the recipes!!