Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions Revised

I dedicate this post to my friend John the Grain. John is a peer, a business compatriot, and a fellow New Englander now ensconced in New Mexico. When I told him we were on our way to Tampa for Thanksgiving he accused me of betrayal of the traditional Puritan New England traditions which called for a holiday with cold weather, dangerous driving, discomfort, etc. So John I would like to suggest these new traditions.

  • Taking early morning walks on the beach
  • Playing with the grandkids in the heated pool
  • Cooking the turkey on the grill in your shorts.

Enjoy John.

7 comments:

alexis said...

lol, I want photos of the turkey over the grill in shorts!

terri said...

I like these new traditions! Might be hard to accomplish in Minnesota though!

Anonymous said...

met you half way... but geting the shorts onto tehturkey was toughre than I'd expecetd.

You appear to have compeletely abandoned yankeee traditions on this holiday... where is the re-hashing of 25 year old family quarrels? the torturous attempt to eat cousine Sylvia's Indian Pudding that was carbonized by too a long ad well in th microwave?

Hrmph, Florida, indeed! Grumble

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Not a bad way to go. I prefer my turkey bowl game in the cold!

Anonymous said...

As a participant, I highly recommend these traditions. It was great to see you, Aunt and Uncle de-I!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!!

Mike said...

I'll take all of that over snow and ice any day!