Friday, November 20, 2009

Quick Post from the East Coast

I'm doing my quarterly visit to Father O-I. Things are a lot calmer than when I was here last time just after his house fire. He's not ecstatic in his temporary digs but at least there is stability. I continue to be amazed at the growing relationship between my sister and him. She's doing more and more for him and gaining more responsibility as a result. She's getting her long held wish to be an accepted member of his life. Amazing.

I'm just happy to be of help and have a good relationship which as I've written numerous times in the past was never to be expected earlier in life.

Very grateful.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear that your father's situation is improving and that your sister is becoming closer to her father too! Yes, many things to be grateful for!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Happy family relationships are definitely something to be grateful for.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nice! And she owes the second chance all to you! Good karma.

WeaselMomma said...

Enjoy your visit. It stinks that there had to be so much tragedy, before these relationships could come together and improve, but sometimes that's what it takes.

Stef said...

Hearing about J and the Grump is one of the happiest outcomes of the whole surgery drama. What wonderful karma you got out of it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is doing well!

terri said...

I'm sure the improving relationship between all of you contributes to lower stress levels and that's always nice.

Mike said...

Glad things are going well for all of you. Good family relationships are good thing to have... but fairly rare these days.