Monday, November 16, 2009

In-Law Envy

I was with a couple of my friends this weekend - a rare guys night together - and the two of them were bemoaning the status of various in-laws, a son-in-law and daughter-in-law respectively. Much was said about what was happening and not happening and their frustrations being far away and not really being able to influence what was going on.

I was left out in the cold. My two son-in-laws have pretty much left me out in the cold. They're responsible. Good parents. Good husbands. Deal with life's challenges. What a bore. How I suppose to join the bitch fest?

Totally irresponsible if you ask me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just need to try harder? Perhaps you could think of more petty complaints - do their socks always match? Do you approve of the type of beer they drink?

It's true, though. You have a good family, including the ones that married into it.

Mike said...

Sounds like you lucked out. Good stuff.

WeaselMomma said...

If it would help your plight to join their ranks, you can adopt me as an in-law of sorts. According to my MIL I haven't done a damn thing right in 17 years.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

If you need some help, I can point you in the right direction of some shortcomings!!! Ha!!! Just start with the Bills fan and go from there!

terri said...

You goofball!

Count your blessings ;-)

Tim said...

Well I lucked out too, marrying into an incredible family!!

de-I said...

RSM - You're right. I could be totally picky and find tons of meaningless crap.

WM - Fine you're adopted. What is all this drinking when you're sick all about :)

LVC - I forgot all about that Bills crap. I can't believe that he's dragged down my daughter so.

Terri - Goofball! Moi!

Bernice said...

It's interesting that you should have this topic. My d-i-l's mother and I were having this very conversation about a week ago.We both were very grateful for the people our children have married - a lot like you.