Saturday, November 11, 2023

We Evoke The Spirit Of Shirty

 Once upon a time their was a young girl. This young girl loved soft things. Her mother wore a velour sweater. The young girl would come to her mother and cling to the sweater, rubbing its soft cloth through her hands. Sadly, the mother found that having a young girl continually clinging to you for the comfort of your sweater an inhibition to doing daily life. She finally acknowledged she would have to divest ownership of the sweater. She gave it to the young girl. The young girl was ecstatic. Being a VERY creative girl, she gave it a name that evoked all the comfort it provided her. SHIRTY, the avatar of comfort. 

Fast forward 45 years, I bought some shirts, some chamois cloth shirts.

I took one feel of the shirt. I took the shirt to Wife. She felt it. We both immediately said the same thing aloud.

SHIRTY!

Had Shirty been reincarnated? Who is to know. I do wonder what will happen if I am wearing this shirt and see the, now grown, young girl and she feels it. Will I get to keep the shirt? Or will Shirty want to return to her true love.


3 comments:

alexis said...

that shirt is as good as mine. I can feel the connection through the universal energy forces. I LOVED shirty

alexis said...

I'm so glad that memory was evoked!! made me very happy

Bernice said...

I enjoy the interesting details of your life.