Monday, September 5, 2022

Day Two in Cefalú - Acclimating

 Shaking off the cobwebs. Got a reasonable night's sleep. Coming to grips with the fact there are way more people and is way hotter than we had anticipated.

I was up very early and took a long walk through the old town with barely a soul to be seen. I came back, decided to not take a shower because Wife was still sleeping and thought she might want to take a walk too. But it was way hotter and I was suffering from not having eaten for five hours (I got up at 4am and it was now after 9am). I went back to the apartment while Wife went on and made some breakfast. I showered and finally shaved - the first time since we left Albuquerque on Friday. Felt so good. Took a nap and then cooked my first meal here. This is one of the things I am really looking forward to - cooking locally. I noticed the produce we bought is going fast. Now I see why you buy what you need for the day and cook it. In the humidity here, things go bad much quicker than in the high desert of home.

I am working during this trip but with a real mind to cut back the amount of time I spend on my projects. Today I was working on an update letter for my Theodora Donors and Volunteers. I do one a quarter and it is significant undertaking. 

As we moved into the early evening, Wife suggested we take another walk. So off we went going in the opposite direction along the coast. We went way further than I thought we would. Then back to the apartment for burnt microwave popcorn (I had some setting wrong on the damn machine) and working on blog posts. 

I am not doing any real photography yet. Just kind of scoping things out. But took some shots during both walks with my phone.

 You KNOW how much de-I loves to take pictures of laundry. Had to take one of our own!

 

 Moving through the town at 6:15 am. Things are quiet except for the the rubbish collection.



 Some nice sunrise time shots.



 I was super excited to see this. A Medieval Toilet! How cool is that!

 But sadly the word translated to laundry room

 And the shots from our evening walk





No comments: