Sunday, December 5, 2021

Who Really Cares - A Birthday Story

 Let's have a little Final Jeopardy type quiz. Two questions. Please remember to write your answers in the form of a question.

  1. KLM Airlines, Aetna Insurance, my dentist, Turkish Airlines
  2. Daughters #1, #2, #3

Please play appropriate music for final Jeopardy.

Answers:

  1. Who are those from whom I received a birthday card today
  2. Who are those who gave me a sickly look and a "Oh shit", when I reminded them that today was my birthday

 You all know the gastronome I am. Many years I cook my own birthday meal because I can be sure of getting exactly what I want. So when Wife (who is a bit overwhelmed with projects at the moment), with a sad and hopeful look (as in please don't say yes) asked if I wanted her to cook a meal for my, I found that I actually had a craving for something much easier - TAKEOUT CHINESE!

It has been years since we've had it. I don't know why. It just fell out of our behavior pattern. But I had a craving for a particular dish (Singapore My Fun) that a local take out place has. So I told her, she could just go pick it up. (Huge Sigh of Relief). I ended up really indulging myself because I wanted a variety of flavors. We will be eating it all week!

Massive Amounts of Chinese-America Food 

Sure I like authentic but I am happy with Chinese-American as its own genre

Including spare ribs, fried dumplings, Home Style Tofu, Singapore My Fun, Egg Fu Yung, Stir-fried Vegetables

Wife also out did herself with gifts

I mean who can call themselves an international business mogul if they don't have a self-heating coffee mug that can be controlled by an app from your phone?

Seriously, a part of my mind chided me. You are supposed to be this guy championing helping the disadvantaged in developing countries. Is this what you really should be having. 

Oh well, we are complicated, we humans.







3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I always smile when I see you are still using those dishes. And your daughters' responses crack me up.

Happy birthday!

Bernice said...

For the first question I was going to say " Who do I really not love?"
Still working on the second. Happy birthday again.

alexis said...

I can't believe I completely forgot! But then at least I was in good company. I am jealous of your probably not too expensive Chinese American takeaway. All the Asian food here is incredibly expensive AND disappointing.