Monday, January 11, 2021

Understanding The Theodora Project - Part One - Underpinnings

 


 

Why do we do what we do in life? Are you driven by ambition? Do you give a shit? Is life supposed to have meaning? Do you just react to each day, not thinking?

 

Life has a way over the years of leaching whatever one thought was one’s purpose or one’s mission or one’s fate or one’s crap luck into just a realization that you are just a grain of sand on the gigantic beach of life.

 

That is what makes this whole Theodora Africa project surreal. I have always thought I was a pretty bright guy but accomplishment would say otherwise. I like to say I’ve had 1000 brilliant ideas in my life of which 999 where not that brilliant. And the one idea that may be pretty good, this Theodora Project really chose me, not me choosing it.

 

I think I have stated this in other posts (I am over 70 so I have a license from the government to repeat any stories ad nauseum) in no part of my life before had I had even the vaguest, slightest inkling of working on a project to help young women, trapped in a soul-sucking lifestyle (sex work), in Africa!, to transform into professional business assistants doing work virtually in the United States. I mean the concept is simply insane!

 

So humor me and play along that there is some higher power with a very bizarre sense of humor. It has decided it needs a puppet to play this particular role. And OMG what a role it is. As I will unveil (as has been unveiled to me over this last year), it is a such a crazy role. Probably the most intriguing role I’ve played in my life. For if we can figure out, test, and refine our ability to provide the virtual assistant service, the opportunities for these women I am working with and many, many more like them will (in the words of one our participants) ‘be amazing”!

1 comment:

alexis said...

underpinnings are much better than underpinings.