Thursday, August 13, 2020

An Ode To Gratitude

 I am continuing my reading of all my blog posts. I am a bit over halfway through. I started writing in 2007 and I am in the spring of 2015. 

I have been amazed at all the eating, cooking, air travel I did during my pre-transition life. Now I am fully immersed in the second of our great long trips when we went to Istanbul for the first time. I am mildly amazed. My God we have done a crapload of experiences Wife and I. While this Covid-19 thing has us down that we (like everyone) are stuck and we can't get out and do, I am recognizing more and more how much we have actually already done. We truly did not let the opportunity pass us by!

And now I am in the middle of this almost surreal and transformational Theodora Ghana Project. Oh truly Lord let me fall down and bow in humility and give thanks for this incredible ride in life.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Blogs are good aide-memoires.

(That's the first time I've been able to work that word into conversation!)

alexis said...

I feel we definitely do not spend enough time reflecting on the past! So quickly we move into the future. We even are encouraged to dwell on the now. We only think about the past in terms of trauma or pain when that is relevant.