Sunday, July 14, 2019

Coming Back On LIne

Happy Bastille Day!

I know you were kicking back French Wine and Brandy. Well, I was. But of course, I do that all the time.

It has been 9 days since I posted last. Pretty typical actually after any international travel. I post like a maniac when traveling and then go into tortoise mode until I have readjusted to stateside life. So what has been happening?

Work - I had a great sales week and brought in a bunch of moola. Which was good because I'd had a number of lean months.

Garden - The effects of the wet spring, earlier planting and buying tomato plants that were well developed are paying off with earlier produce. I already have been processing tomatoes, roasted the first green chile of the year (New Mexico Chile...not Pueblo Colorado Chili Hah!). The basil and parsley are doing great so looking forward to lots of cooking stuff.

Ghana - Hardly forgotten. Working on finishing the business plan, coordinating with my partners on the other side of the pond and prepping for the big fundraising effort that will start soon. Still coaching and mentoring various businesses back there. AND was referred to THE ONLY African restaurant in Albuquerque (thank you KK!). Yes, folks, this took place right here in Albuquerque NM USA.
Lunch on Friday
Banku with groundnut soup and goat



I had to send these pictures to all my contacts back in Accra
They thought it was a hoot and could not believe you could find this out in the far reaches of the American Southwest

Political Commentary - I have to say maybe it is a sign of the second coming when you have President Trump and the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal coming to the defense of Nancy Pelosi when she was called a racist by one of her own party members, the nihilist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I've never been a big Pelosi fan until this session of Congress. When even Peggy Noonan, a conservative opinion writer, writes per praises you have to take your hat off to Nancy. I only hope her solid pragmatism keeps shaving down AOC, her Squad and her emulators among the presidential candidates until they are no longer of outsized relevance.

2 comments:

alexis said...

that soup does look yummy. Maybe I'll have to find one here.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

African food in ABQ! Who would have guessed? Of course, when I lived there I could only afford rice and beans...