Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cooking Event of Massive Proportions - Part I, Core Meats

The concept of this feast will be chile from around the world. We will be having a number of proteins as the core. Then there will be a variety of chile sauces and condiments, and a variety of cooling and crunchy condiments to offset the heat of the chile sauces. We will have pita bread. Our guests will be able to mix and match various proteins with various sauces and condiments.

Our menu calls for flavors from:
  • India
  • China
  • Morocco
  • Mexico
  • USA
  • Argentina
  • Japan
  • Central Asia (Tajikistan?)
The cooking got started this weekend with the core meats and a number of the sauces. This post is about the meats. I'm serving chicken (tastes just like chicken), beef, and lamb. There will also be beans if any vegetarians sneak in.

Chicken Fricassee

I know I've covered this in a prior post but I don't tab things and am too lazy to find it. You basically take cut up chicken, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika (lots), put it into a pot, squish it all up, add water (not much), bring to a boil, let simmer for a couple of hours, and voila,
a dish you can serve by itself or debone and use in other dishes.


Braised Lamb

I'm using rosemary, garlic, red wine and Dijon mustard as my core flavorings.

Garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper

Chopped together

Used to marinate the meat

Meat browned

Onions, carrots and celery roasted

Add red wine, broth, and Dijon mustard and braise the meat. When cool debone.


Finished lamb and chicken




4 comments:

alexis said...

meat-tastic!!

terri said...

"Squish it all up." Now there's something I'm sure I can manage to do in the kitchen!

Sounds like an adventure!

Anonymous said...

it SOUNDS easy enough, but I bet my creation would not turn out looking as delicious as yours!

Mike said...

Looks delicious! Like Jules said, this seems like something I could do, but it would probably turn out disastrous if I attempted it.