Friday, July 10, 2009

No Cooking

At least for awhile. Because on Wednesday night we had a

Kitchen Catastrophe!

I was working with one of my largest and heaviest pots which slipped out of my hands and into our nice new (just over a year old) high tech Silgranite sink with the following result.


I was stunned, shocked, totally upset. And as it turns out we are going to have to deal with the manufacturer and they don't seem to be in any state to resolve this quickly. I suspect it will be a number of weeks before the kitchen is truly operational again.

But before you shed to many tears for me Argentina remember this. This is a problem of abundance. I know three people right now who are dealing with serious illness - two with cancer and one with an unknown abdominal bleeding problem. Those are real problems. If this is all we have to deal with, I'm a lucky guy.

7 comments:

terri said...

I know this is a bigger deal to you than it would be to most of us. You love to work in the kitchen.

I'm sorry about those who are suffering with illness. It really does make you stop to realize how good you have it.

Anonymous said...

Grr, that's annoying. I'm glad you're keeping it in perspective, and I'm sorry for the reasons that are keeping it in perspective for you.

Mike said...

Wow... that really sucks, dude. I'm sorry. That's like me breaking the screen on my computer. I'd be pretty upset. You're right though. All "stuff" is replaceable. I hope your friends come through soon! :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your kitchen and those close to you who are suffering. Hope things get better soon!

WeaselMomma said...

The sink situation does stink, but you are right. If that's the biggest of your problems, you are batting 1000.

Unknown said...

Oh!Sorry about the sink!!!

But you have put everything into proper perspective by considering the bigger life threatening problems of your friends. We will keep them in our thoughts.

stef said...

Holy cow! I had no idea that you actually put a hole in it!