Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Possible Move to the Dark Side???

The Ferengi of Star Trek have a rule of acquisition:

Peace is good for business. War is good for business.

Her at TPG we rephrase this:

Good economy is good for business. Bad economy is good for business.

Normally in bad times like this we do a lot of crisis management and turnaround work and this is no different except that with the banks having so many charge offs it is a lot easier to get them to make concessions.

I got a call from one of the banks in town asking if my firm would be a court appointed receiver for a liquidation. First time I've ever been contacted by the bank's side to represent them. Hmmmm Darth de-I - Sith Lord of business liquidations?

8 comments:

terri said...

May the force be with you!

Unknown said...

I'll stay tuned to the upcoming episodes/adventures of Darth de-I Sith Lord of business liquidations!!

WeaselMomma said...

Do you get a cool two ended light saber?

Anonymous said...

Remember, a Ferengi would represent anyone, for any reason, as long as they paid up front, of course.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Very good point SRM. As such, I'm sure de-I will not turn down the engagement.

Michael Podolny said...

SRM and LCJ - you definitely have my number.

WM - I want all those cool facial tattoos too. Goes so well with my over 60 blob body :)

Mike said...

I'm not business-savvy enough to know what being a "court appointed receiver for a liquidation" means... but I'm sure you'll be good at it.

Michael Podolny said...

Mike - a court appointed liquidator is the person sent in with the legal authority to close a business down and sell off all its assets. Not exactly being Mr. Nice Guy.