Friday, May 3, 2024

Around The World In 72 Days - Krabi - Learning Our Way Around

We are past the halfway point! It's all downhill from here. 

We are still getting into our rhythm here in Krabi. Truth be told, I didn't do a whole lot of research on what Krabi was all about. We were looking for a particular type of rental where we knew we could not do anything and chill because of the expectation (rightfully) that we'd be wiped out after we were done with China. Now that we are here, I can say with confidence this will not be a place we will come back to. 

Nonetheless, we have what we really want from our accommodations. And, I have to say, Wife and I have become quite comfortable making our way around in the more populated areas of SE Asia that are serviced by the Grab network. I know I sound like the worst shill for this company, but it truly does make getting around, and getting fed super easy.

So what is it about Krabi that is not our cup of tea? Well, it is a tourist beach and party town. There are beautiful beaches. And the water in the area around is reputed to be top notch. Unfortunately, neither Wife nor I are into any water activities. (We are exploring the idea of going out on a boat to do some photography). 

Here are a few images from the main drag in town to give you a feel for the vibe.

 

 

 This is representative of so many of the restaurants around here.

Once you get down to the beach.


 If you are not happy with Partyland, you can choose Resortland.


 We have yet to get out in the evening. Because of the heat that is when most things are open. I have done early morning walks because that is when the heat is less.


 

 We were back at the supermarket this morning. Before we could check out one of the staff told us we couldn't buy alcohol before 11am (it was 10:30). So to kill time we went searching for snack foods. This is always an interesting thing to do in a different country. Here are some of the things we acquired.

These were with the roasted nuts.

They're actually pretty good.

 

 I actually bought these the first time we went on Sunday.

Have not tried these yet. I'm thinking they're the Halal friendly version of pork rinds.


2 comments:

alexis said...

ugh yeah, I can see why a place like Boozers may not be your cup of tea

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I love looking at the snack foods aisle, although I rarely purchase. I did try the fries egg potato chips here. They treated just like fried eggs, which was... unsettling.