Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A Photographic Day

We are getting down toward the end of our stay. We have 17 days left before we leave. Isn't that funny? Most people in the U.S., with our work uber alles mentality, would fine a total vacation of 17 days to be extravagant. Here we are saying two and half weeks is the countdown. Well it has been a great experiment. We've been super glad we did it and it has opened our mind to possibilities we'd not considered. 

But having done our 'practice living somewhere', we've decided to do some good ole fashioned traditional de-I & Wife travel stuff. So today we went out for a few hours during the late morning just to wander and be photographic. It was cool because we went to places I've covered in my morning walks except now everything was open and hopping. I was kind of amazed because where there are only closed off buildings there were now a bizillion jewelry and clothing stores. I hadn't really been in 'wandering photographic' mode this trip. It was fun to be into it.

Pictures

Old Churches - Come on. We're in one of the longest populated places in Europe. Of course, there's old. In fact, the things shot here being 17th and 18th century are practically new construction by local standards.

Patterns - Oh so many with all the stone work and tiles




I love the lanterns here

BONANZA! Lamps, Laundry and Ruins in one shot!

Perspectives


Stalking the Rare

One of my favorites when I am lucky enough the find it

Esposous Fotograficus

To get even one shot of this rare beauty is amazing but two in one day?

I'd heard that Esposous Fotograficus can be upset when its privacy is disturbed...

And, of course

Signs of the World

Yes, I know you don't like tourists. But no, you can't dump shit on them!

No. We really mean it. You can't


2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

My mother was viewing the National Geographic wildlife photography competition results yesterday. Perhaps you could submit your photos of Esposous Fotograficus and win fame and fortune with them!

alexis said...

hahaha, love those pictures of mom