Friday, September 16, 2022

Light Stalking

 Over the many years Wife and I have traveled, our photography has always been marked by making use of whatever circumstances we found ourselves in because we were only in a place for short period of time. We may have read that photographers might go back to the same place over and over at different times of the day and different times of the year in order to see how they looked with the different light circumstances. But that was never a possibility given how little time we spent at any one place. Now with our two month stay here in Cefalú, we are offered the opportunity to indulge in that type of photographic experience.

 It was my intent to do this a couple of days ago. But wouldn't you know it. de-I puts himself on the Med Coast and sure as shooting all his oligarch buddies stop by for a visit.


 I can't just ignore them. We have to go out and have a Campari and soda or something.

Finally yesterday, I got up early and made my way to the eastern part of town to a particular spot where I felt the rising sun would shed a nice glow.

I timed it well and the sun was just starting to peak over the horizon

 

The light is still somber

 

Just one solitary boat on the water


 

The town is still in the dark early light

 

 As the sun rises, I see an opportunity and make my way down to the water to get a better angle. Now my shoot really starts.





 I decide to make my way up to the Cathedral

 But the angles are not quite what I would want. I think sunset will be better.

It is still very early and the town is yet to awaken.

I'd better make my way back to the apartment.

 

Shoot. I need to pick up a melon for breakfast. Where can I find a fruit stand open this early

Oh. This way.


1 comment:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

They all look lovely to me, but I admit I know nothing about photography...