Tuesday, September 27, 2022

A Transition Interlude

Wife and I flew back to Sicily on Monday. I still have a bunch of pictures and two more posts from the time in Copenhagen but the return to Cefalú brought with it a time to reflect upon the reason we are on this trip - the experiment in living a completely different lifestyle.


One of the first things that struck me was how comfortable it felt coming back to this apartment and this community. In a very short period of time, it is as if we have converted a new place into our 'home'. I have been happy getting back to my pattern of walking everywhere. I did our food shopping today and felt this pleasure at the activity as opposed to doing it as a chore. The new daily life pattern seems so comfortable and energizing. 

 

I am tempted to go into more detail but feel it is too soon to be jumping to conclusions. We have a whole month to go. We will let the experiment go its full length and then analyze.

1 comment:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Regardless of what long term decisions you make, it is very nice to be living a life that you are enjoying today.