Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ghana Project - Phase II - Day One

Greetings from Accra!

I arrived yesterday without event. My flight took me through Chicago and Brussels, Belgium to get here. Both connections were pretty tight but there were no problems other than the last flight out of Belgium was a little late taking off. But they made up most of the time in flight.

My driver from the last trip was waiting for me. I knew the drill so I made it through the immigration, customs, getting my cash exchanged with little delay. I am staying at the same hotel I was in last time. What a difference in my feelings, impressions, emotions. Last time it was totally new, different, very different, a real shock to my senses. This time after my prior two week immersion it all seemed familiar and understandable. I know the names of places, the routes to get from major point to major point and the general feel of things.

 Hit the ground running. Had four meetings scheduled with a lot of driving in between. One canceled which was okay because it gave me a chance to rest up. The other three were very productive. I had one with a wealth manager business owner that is interested in taking on my exit/succession processes...that might provide a potential cash flow stream to help fund this venture. A second meeting turned from a general meeting about Rotary Club engagement to a desire for coaching to help their business turnaround...another critical chance to show the value of the concept. But the last was the best of all.

A bit complicated but person I called for a reference on my partner in the sex worker transitioning project, contacted his Rotary Club and said he was totally behind this project. So they pulled six people from the club to meet with me on literally six days notice. And based on today's meeting, they are expressing a strong interest in being involved. I will meet with the full club next week.

Tomorrow I am giving an all day consultation to my most engaged sample project with the hopes of helping her get a major breakthrough with her business development.

Now I am crash because I am muy tired!

3 comments:

alexis said...

glad to hear it was so productive! take care of yourself!!!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's a lot for one day!

Agent W said...

Wow! Quite the day! Glad it was productive!