Monday, June 24, 2019

Ghana Project - Phase II - Day Four

Been busy as advertised. On Friday I did a five hour coaching session for the lady I call my best apprentice. She teaches at a college and has food condiment business on the side. But she is very ambitioius and wants the food business to really grow. She needs quite a bit of help but has been very good at following through and think she will ultimately succeed. Since my whole project is about developing jobs, I am very happy that our work has identified two or three positions that she really needs to get help with either by hiring part-time or outsourcing. Even though these are small, it is proof of concept.

On Saturday I took some time off and went to a Mall (it's a mall) and the beach. Then on Sunday I was doing more coaching for another of my apprentices and went to a Rotary Club meeting I had visited last time where reconnected with a number of people which was good.

Today was more frustrating. I had a coaching session in the morning which was very effective. Then I went to a new Rotary Club meeting that evidently had changed the location for the day. Then went to a meeting where I couldn't find the person I was meeting with for almost an hour because he didn't have his phone on. Ultimately the meeting went well. This preparation for the major event of this trip, the meeting with the FSW (female sex workers) to present to them our proposal for an exit strategy. Should be interesting. Not sure if they will think this is all smoke and mirrors or take as a real opportunity.

Pictures from Saturday
Each culture is different
This is particularly true when it comes to having one's picture taken
From both last time and this I have found so far that Ghanaian's love to have their picture taken

We were in the Mall when this group from a village outside Accra visiting asked us to take their pictures


 Scenes from Kokrobite Beach
On the way in I caught this guy's silouette
Lol, he made sure I knew I was getting the best guy picture on the beach
General beach scenes





Proof that de-I was there

Study of drivers
While waiting for our car, these other drivers all wanted their pictures taken



But there was this one older one that just exuded class


3 comments:

alexis said...

glad to hear it is all going well!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I love the portraits of the drivers. Their personalities come through.

Agent W said...

Such wonderful pictures of these beautiful people..& you look great too! :)
Seems like things are going pretty well!