Monday, June 10, 2019

de-I Tech Wizard, The Next Generation

When I left you last time on the edge of your seats, I had finally figured out how to connect my phone adapter to the DJI Osmo Pocket. I also got my battery charged. So this last weekend it was on too much, much higher level tech challenges

Turning On - as in getting the device turned out. This turned out to be relatively simple as one would hope. I did it pretty much by accident.

Activating the Device - Turns out you cannot actually use your pocket gimbal based video/still camera without activating it online. This seems a bit odd (as many comments online said) but there it is. The directions say you simply start your camera, plug the phone in and the app will automatically open to the activation page. Except that the plugin device wasn't seating all the way. After 20 minutes of trying, I determined the protective case on the phone was the problem and it was. So I got the phone out of the case and tried again. It took another four or five connections before I finally got the app to open to the activation page. Great! Now we can use the camera...maybe

Set Language - Shouldn't be that hard. Go to the menu, scroll to your language and touch. Unless you klutzily hit a wrong language right next to yours. Then it takes quite a while to convince the device you made a mistake and want to change.

Inserting the memory card - Looks pretty simple. Slip it in like just so...no it springs out. Try this many times with no luck. Go up to Wife who has inserted more than her fair share of memory cards in cameras. Nope, she couldn't get it to stay in either. Finally, by accident, I pushed it in and then moved it up slightly and if finally seated correctly.

Take a video! - I went to our kitchen and New Mexico room and did a quick 20-second video. Seemed to work fine

Move video to computer - Ah ha! I had seen some issues about this when researching the connector issue last weekend. Got them to upload the first time! It looked pretty good.

Wow, another hour is gone. Enough for now. Will be spending time this week looking at instructional videos and seeing if I can master 5% or more of its functions.

1 comment:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

You're like the "Little Engine That Could"...